At Research Instruments, we focus on individual growth and ensure our employees expand professionally while maintaining a balanced work-life approach. With over 140 employees in Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand, we continue to grow in numbers and strengths by constantly looking out for new talents to help us achieve our corporate goals. One of the fundamentals for being the preferred distributor in the market for 25 years is our innovative, creative and fun team.
Research Instruments Group (RI) is a leading full service distributor of instruments and reagents for the Life Science laboratories. RI represents industry leading manufacturers in providing next-generation tools and techniques together with services including training, maintenance, instrument validation and development of problem solutions.
We represent globally highly recognized brands and are actively seeking a dynamic and aspiring individual to join our team for the following newly created position.
Field Application Scientist– Genomic Systems
Candidate should have the following qualifications:
- PhD or MSc in Genomics, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related scientific field. Minimum 2 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Well versed in diverse NGS technologies and applications. Hands-on proficiency in library preparation and NGS sequencer is required. Single cell laboratory experience considered a plus.
- Demonstrated bioinformatics competency in NGS analysis and data interpretation highly desirable.
- Outstanding training skills and prior field experience supporting customers using NGS technologies preferred with clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- Ability to fulfill job responsibilities independently in a timely and proactive manner either on-site or remotely with strong analytical and systematic problem-solving skills.
- Extensive laboratory experience and detail oriented with strong written and effective verbal communication skills.
- Motivated, confident, and interested in technical sales and research applications, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team to achieve common corporate goals.
- Responsible for supporting Singapore customers directly and some involvement in the SE Asia region.
- Should be Singaporean or PR and able to travel overseas for training and meetings several times per year.
- Provide customer training and support on Research Instruments’ Genomics (NGS) equipment and solutions.
- Provide scientific/technical consultation to customers and ensure that the most relevant products are recommended to fit customers’ needs.
- Provide timely support and troubleshooting assistance to customers.
- Deliver scientific/technical presentations to sales team and customers.
Remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience, with an attractive incentive plan.
Please email your resume with a recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position applied for in the subject header.