Applied Biosystems (Formerly Affymetrix, and part of Thermo Fisher Scientific) GeneChip products, tools, and resources help advance the work of researchers via microarray analysis. Application areas include plant and animal genomics and transcriptomics, including basic research, technologies for breeding, population diversity and conservation, trait analysis, cancer research and clinical validation and cytogenetics. The genetics of human complex traits, Mendelian disorders, and disease states are studied across population using high density genotyping arrays for genome wide association studies.
Applied Biosystems (Now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific), the clear leader innovation and tools for Real-Time PCR. As a technique, Real-Time PCR offers sensitivity, specificity, and wide dynamic range for detecting target nucleic acids, making it an indispensable across the life sciences from basic research to translational medicine to applied biology. Discover the full breadth of our qPCR solutions to help you harness the power of qPCR across a diverse set of applications including Gene expression analysis, Genetic variation analysis, miRNA and noncoding RNA analysis, Mutation detection, and more.
TaqMan Assays, including 2.8 million predesigned TaqMan Assays covering more than 30 species, enable applications requiring the utmost specificity and sensitivity. The combination of an advanced assay design with the benefits of MGB probes delivers the specificity you need to detect minor variants across highly homologous targets and or to quantify small-fold changes. TaqMan Assays enable you to get reliable results.
The microarray pioneer and inventors of the GeneChip
- Human Copy Number analysis
- Human Cytogenetics analysis
- Gene Expression analysis
- Expression analysis arrays across a wide range of human, plant and animal genomes
- Genotyping arrays for genome studies across a wide range of organisms
- miRNA profiling
- Transcriptome profiling
Affymetrix Instruments and Software
- GeneChip System and Software
- GeneTitan – Automated high throughput microarray system.
- Nimbus automated target prep system
Eureka high-volume Genotyping for Agriculture
- Genotyping panels for a range agricultural plants and animals
- Custom genotyping panels for your agricultural organism
- Genotyping services
Ever-better real-time PCR industry-leading reagents and kits
Real-Time PCR Assay
- Predesigned Taqman Assay (Probes and Primers)
- Custom Assay Design
- Format: Single tube, Arrays card and Plates and OpenArray
Real-Time PCR Reagents and kits
- SYBR Green Master mixes
- Taqman Master Mix (For Research Use)
- TaqPath Master Mix (Clinical-grade TaqMan)